Sunday, September 25, 2011

another bottomless pit

what it is: the avant garde project
where i found it: carl of crown heights (see below)

Carl of Crown Heights, the same guy who first told me about Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities and those ridiculously good black Mosaic jazz box sets told me about this bottomless pit full of what we used to call 20th century composition. Do they even call it that anymore? I haven't been to music school since before Y2K destroyed the the world, so I'm not sure. At any rate, you can get seriously lost in here. Worth a visit for anyone who likes (usually) beautiful and (always) weird sounds.

I haven't been through the enitre above discussed archive, so I'm not sure if there's any Stockhausen in there, but I sure do like this picture of him. His interview style also cannot be beat.