Monday, October 24, 2011

sweet, sweet racism ii

what it is: a.c. update
where i found it: trying to entertain myself

Carrying over from yesterday's theme, I recently came to find out that after I stopped following or caring about the band A.C. they went through a neo-nazi phase. With a singer like Seth Putnam, who dedicated his life to being as offensive as possible, it's hard to know if this was serious or just pushing the edge as usual. It may not matter when you're willing to go so far into the ridiculous and surreal that you put yourself on stage in a wheelchair after a drug induced stroke for people to publicly mock and lash out at.

Despite all of this, I believe that the thing of most enduring value that Putnam left this world with is his list of song titles, some of which are included below:

Crankin' My Bands Demo on a Box at the Beach
You Keep a Diary
You Own a Store
Recycling is Gay
You Are an Interior Decorator
Pottery Is Gay
You Are a Food Critic
You Are Gay
You Live in a Houseboat
Windchimes Are Gay
No We Don't Want to Do a Split 7" With Your Stupid Fucking Band
You Look Divorced
I Noticed That You're Gay
The Word Homophobia is Gay
Don't Call Japanese Hardcore Japcore
Abomination of Unnecessarily Augmented Composition Monikers
Don't Offer Me Weak Drugs Or I'll Kick Your Fucking Ass
I Gave NAMBLA Pictures of Your Kid
I Got an Office Job for the Sole Purpose of Sexually Harassing Women
I Sold Your Dog To a Chinese Restaurant
Well, You Know Mean Gene . . .
Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck
(this last one apparently a reference to Eric Clapton's son who fell out of a hotel window)

Here's a video of early A.C. in action. I think the "guitar solo" is my favorite part: