where i found it: clark from pensacola
Guess what? Mike Nesmith of the Monkees made a lot of good country albums in the 1970s, teaming up with a fucking fantastic pedal steel player named Red Rhodes. Half the fun is sorting through all of the records these two made together, so I'm not providing any links here. But I do promise to include a little of this on the next mix tape I post (note: since prevented by the FBI).
Other interesting Nesmith facts include:
- He now hosts think tanks
- He was an executive producer of Repo Man
- His mother invented Liquid Paper
- His last appearance with the Monkees was in a commercial for Kool Aid and Nerf (together?)
- He started a company that pioneered VHS tapes and home movie viewing
- In the 1980s there was a Nesmith imposter who successfully conned a number of people and went as far as to do media appearances. He wasn't apprehended until 2009.