Thursday, January 31, 2013

no shirt, rum and coke in hand

what it is: no shirt, rum and coke in hand
where i found it: canadian TV

A friend form New Jersey turned me on to this no-budget Canadian comedy series called Trailer Park Boys. The name sounds so unpromising that it took me a few months to take a look, but now I can't stop watching and I can't stop laughing. There are so many great qualities about this show that would sound oh-so-dumb if I tried to describe them, so you should really check it out for yourself. I will say that my favorite characters so far are the guy with no shirt and the guy who always has a rum and coke, but the competition is tough. You can stream all the episodes on Netflix or start digging them up on youtube HERE. I will say that it took me two or three episodes to really start appreciating it, but it's worth the point of entry to come to know and love what goes on in a trailer park in Nova Scotia.