Monday, March 18, 2013

virus music

what it is: virus music
where i found it: my sofa

I've been down for the count for a few days with a weird virus that makes me kind of dizzy and kind of nauseous and really sleepy. What do I have to do except for listen to music? Except I'm too fatigued to get up and start the CD again so I just put it on repeat. So around and around I've been listening to Amede Ardoin (who I posted about when I was talking lots about Louisiana music and who is always worth mentioning again). But then my kid changed it to the Lumineers, who he is obsessed with. In case you haven't heard them they're a midly happy folk rock band that mostly use foot stomps as percussion and you know what? After hearing the CD about ten times, they're pretty good. Even though thye're one of the hottest selling bands in America they don't suck nearly as much as modern Nashville or recycled rap cliches. So perhaps you want to give them a listen. Or maybe it was just the virus.