Thursday, May 29, 2014

the spy machine

what it is: the spy machine
where i found it: my pocket


As time passes, I feel dumber and dumber about my compliance with things like Facebook and Google (the nice people hosting this blog as well as terabytes of my personal data/world maps of my personal preferences and behavior). I finally decided to get that Facebook shit off of my phone this morning when I looked at the app permissions and realized I had consented for them to remotely control the camera and video recorder as well as record audio through my phone's microphone whenever they want to. Good lord. If you want to read more about the Big Brother machine I'll provide a couple of links below and you can make your own decision about whether or not to purge this horseshit from your device.